TheLand aluminum Strip Thermometer systemis specifically designed to provide the aluminum hot rolling industry with a solution to one of its most difficult problems – accurate and reproducible temperature measurement of bright, semi-finished hot alloy strips.
– Accurate optimization using dedicated set-up unit.
– Computer software to automate system optimization.
– Highly reliable, drift-free measurement.
– The LMG AR Processor provides digital indication of temperature as well as 0 or 4 to 20mA analog outputs for connection to data recording or mill control equipment. An optional math Function Card permits mathematical comparisons to be made between thermometer inputs. Results may be used to drive outputs to the plant control system.
– Reduced finishing costs.
– AST can infer potential problems on preceding Breakdown Mill operations, ie reduction in coolant.
– Improved process control.
– Accurate reliable temperature measurement to within +10 °C/18 °F after optimization.
|Low Temperature (C):||300||High Temperature (C):||500|
|Low Temperature (F):||572||High Temperature (F):||932|
|Measurement range (specified):||Mill entry: 300 to 550 °C/570 to 1100 °F
Mill exit:: 250 to 400 °C/500 to 750 °F
|Response time:||1s to 98%|
|Target size:||98mm/3.9 in at 2m/78.0in|
|Resolution:||2 °C/4 °F|
|Absolute accuracy:||Better than 10 °C/18 °F after optimization (in application)|
|System output:||0 to 20mA or 4 to 20mA (nominal load resistance 500ohms, max load including wiring 600ohms)|
|Surface emissivityindication:||0 to 20mA covering emissivity range 0.00 to 1.00
Nominal load resistance 500 ohms, max load including wiring 600ohms)
Alarm relays: contact rating 50V a.c./ d.c. at 0.5A max
|Output update time:||30ms (thermometer channel output)
500ms (math card output – optional)
|Vibration:||3G any axis, 10 to 300Hz|
|Processor type:||LMG AR (1 to 4 thermometer I/O channels)|
|I/O card type:||AST I/O card|
|Power requirements:||110 to 120V a.c. or 220 to 240V a.c., 48 to 62Hz, 35VA (max. with 4 thermometers)|
|Signal Processing Functions Time average:
||63% time constant adjustable 0 to 500s|
|Ambient temperature limits:
|5 to 45 °C/40 to 110 °F
5 to 50 °C/40 to 140 °F
|0.8 kg/1.76lb approx
3.6 kg/7.93lb approx
|EMC:||EN 50-082-2 (immunity),
EN 50-081-1 (emission),
For recommendations on thermometer sighting and mounting, refer to LAND.