The Model 6500 Friction Flow Loop fully automated system includes hardware and software to measure the friction pressure of fluids. It determines the associated affects friction reducers have on fluids over a wide range of pressures and flow rate conditions and through different pipe diameters.
This Model circulates fluid through two test sections of various diameters in order to generate differential pressure versus flow rate data. This data helps to determine the effectiveness and longevity of various friction reducing agents added to the test fluids.
The system incorporates a low shear, progressive cavity pump for injection of base fluids with the flow rate controlled by a Coriolis flow meter. Differential pressure transducers are provided on each tubing diameter for multiple data readings per test. Fluid can be injected into the flow stream via an optional metering pump or added directly into a 15 gallon reservoir mixing tank.
The software is designed to be easy to use and powerful enough to calculate and collect all required data during the test cycle. The software allows the operator total control over flow rate, test time, temperature (optional) of each individual test. All data and test parameters are stored in a test-specific .CSV file for analysis.
• Open or Closed Loop Architecture
• Easy to Set-Up, Operate, Clean, Maintain and Calibrate
– Flush-and-Fill automation for easy system cleanup
• Wall or Floor Mountable
• ½” and ¾” O.D., 25’ length tubing sections (10’ test sections)
• Coriolis Mass Flow Meter
– Accurate measurement and feedback of flow rate
• Over Pressure Relief Valves
– Safety Control – Prevents operation above the designed pressures
• Progressive Cavity Style Pump
– Provides very low shear to fluids during injection
• Real Time Display of Reynolds Number, Flow Rate, Temperature, Differential Pressure
Maximum Pressure: 150 PSI (250 PSI Optional)
Flow Rate Range: 2 – 15 Gallons / Minute
Fluid Temperature Range: 60 – 90°F (40°F with Optional Chiller)
Differential Pressure Range (1): 0 – 30 PSI
Differential Pressure Range (2): 0 – 100 PSI
Differential Pressure Accuracy: 0.1% of Full Range
Power Requirements: 230V 40A Single Phase
Dimensions (w x d x h): 30’ x 4’ x 6’
Compressed Air: 80-120 psi