Designed to remove potential sources of measurement error, these beams can be used to calibrate Norbar torque transducers, and torque transducers from other manufacturers (where design permits), as well as mechanical test devices. UKAS length certification is provided with each beam. Note: A temperature controlled environment is essential for use of these beams. The selection of weights will be influenced by gravitational constant and air buoyancy values at the proposed laboratory site.Part number: 21842
EAN Bar Code: –
NATO number: –
- Torque Radius: See Diagram
- Weight: 270 kg
- Square Sizes: 1 1/2″
- Clearance: 1120mm
- Dimension X: 2250mm (128″)
- Dimension Y: 1000mm (40″)
- Clockwise and counter-clockwise operation.
- The <0.04% uncertainty of applied torque achievable with this beam allows calibration to the high classes of accuracy specified by BS7882:2008.
- Beam length machined to +/-0.01% (100 microns per meter).
- Beams balanced to maximise energy transfer to transducer during loading.
- High beam accuracy allows use of cast iron weights rather than stainless steel. Weight accuracy is required to be equal to or better than 0.01%.
- High quality bearings to reduce energy losses.
- Gearbox provided to level beam and remove cosine errors.
- SI and Imperial Calibration possible with one beam (using different weights).