Designed to remove potential sources of measurement error, these beams can be used to calibrate Norbar torque transducers, and torque transducers from other manufacturers (where design permits), as well as mechanical test devices. UKAS length certification is provided with each beam. Note: A temperature controlled environment is essential for use of these beams. The selection of weights will be influenced by gravitational constant and air buoyancy values at the proposed laboratory site.Part number: 21421
EAN Bar Code: –
NATO number: –
Accuracy: +/- 0.025%
- Torque Radius: 500 mm
- Weight: 4.88 Kg
- Square Sizes: 3/8″, 1/2″
- Cable Radius: 0.78 mm
- Beam Radius: 499.22 mm
- Clearance: 1120 mm
- Dimension X: 1110 mm
- Dimension Y: 110 mm
- Machined to +/-0.01% (100 microns per meter) from aircraft alloys.
- Clockwise and counter-clockwise operation.
- No bearings to cause energy loss during loading.
- The <0.02% uncertainty of applied torque achievable with these beams allows calibration to the highest class of accuracy specified by BS7882:2008.
- All have interchangeable square drive to increase flexibility of use.
- Torque radius maintained throughout +/-8 degrees of rotation from horizontal.
- Balanced to maximise energy transfer to transducer during loading.
- Loading point offset to reduce bending moments on the transducer.
- High torque radius accuracy allows use of cast iron weights rather than stainless steel. Weight accuracy is required to be equal to or better than +/-0.01%.